Wednesday 19 June 2013

All Sport One Day


   On Saturday, June 15 2013, I participated in All Sport One Day in Calgary.  All Sport One Day is a day of activities that is supported by the City of Calgary Recreation Department, as well as Winsport, the YMCA, the Talisman Center, and Cardel Place, as well as many other great sponsors.  I participated as a teacher and coach for Biathlon at COP.  I 'coached' 4 groups of kids between the ages of 8 and 12. We were using laser rifles to simulate the shooting aspect of biathlon, and the kids loved it! I had a great time coaching them as well.

   In the first parts of our 45 min sessions, I mainly focused on shooting prone, or lying down, but at the end I taught them a bit of standing shooting. They had fun with that!



   Describing and explaining about the different targets I shoot on. Standing are the bigger targets.

I had a great time coaching the kids, and show-casing my sport to them and their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment